The history of Sutton Upon Derwent Village Hall starts with one man. That man is the remarkable Michael Hallett Pimm. Mr Pimm was appointed rector in 1921.
His most lasting monument, however, has got to be the village hall. His boundless energy, his magnetic personality, and his ability to obtain the best from everyone he came in contact with, enabled building work to start on the Village Hall in 1929. Much of the work was done by Rev Pimm himself, aided by voluntary labour from local bricklayers, joiners and other craftsmen. Local landowners provided materials and labour. The Village Hall was completed in 1931 at a total cost of £1600.
Today Sutton upon Derwent village hall is a well maintained well equipped venue. With its large hall, 2 meeting rooms and fully equipped kitchen, it is the ideal location for meetings, parties, wedding receptions, and celebrations of all kinds. Everything you need for any event is available, including banqueting furniture, stage, sound system and portable bar.
It has a good-sized car park and is only 7 miles from the centre of York.